Michele Bridges, M.A., CCC-SLP
- Masters Degree in Speech/Language Pathology 1993, Michigan State University
- Certified PROMPT trained therapist 2001
- Prompt Instructor from 2001 through 2009
Trained by Deborah Hayden M. A., CCC-SLP founder of the PROMPT Institute.
PROMPT is a holistic treatment approach that incorporates tactile support as a means for developing and improving speech production.
- Certified Play Project Consultant 2006, trained by Dr Richard Solomon.
“The Play Project” is based upon Dr. Stanley Greenspan’s “floortime” treatment model for communication development in young children with Autism and Pervasive Developmental Delays.
- Member of the American Speech Language and Hearing Association; ASHA
- Member of the Michigan Speech Language and Hearing Association; MSHA
- Private practice Okemos Michigan since 2001;
Bridges In Communication LLC
Michele has worked in a variety of settings, including:
University of Michigan’s Residential Aphasia program, clinical work with TBI populations, hospital in-patient acute care assessment/treatment, home health and various settings with children including private practice, early on, and school based speech/language intervention; all age groups with various types of S/L impairments including autism and hearing impaired.
Michele’s greatest area of interest is working with children with communication impairments in the areas of articulation including dyspraxia and developmental dysarthria, autism, and developmental and cognitively based language deficits.
Michele also treats adults with acquired communication disorders, including apraxia of speech and aphasia.